Thursday, June 21, 2012

CD Release Day!!!! I Can't stop smiling.


All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.Walt Disney
A man's growth is seen in the successive choirs of his friends.Ralph Waldo Emerson


Today is the biggest and happiest day I can ever remember.
I'm a singer songwriter, I have been playing music professionally my entire adult life. I have seen my music reach places and take me
places I never dreamed possible.
But I had never had the time and resources to release an album that was me and me alone.
That era ends today.
Today is the release of my first solo CD. I have been involved with dozens of releases as a songwriter, featured performer, producer,
but until now I've never had an album I considered Eric's.
I am so proud of the actual material on the album but I am also proud because I finally get to show the world who I am as an artist.


Then today happened.

I awake to the story of my CD release being on the front page of the paper. I turn on my computer and see a flood of loving
support from my friends.
I had to just sit and soak it all in.
Then it occurred to me.........this release isn't only MY release.
This release is a release that represents a community. This release does indeed show the world who I am.
But who I am is a product of thousands of dedicated and loyal people who have been with me every single step of the way.
The power of this is definitely not lost on me.
The community that backs me is palpable and apparent.
I am proud of every single accomplishment I've been able to acheive thus far. And I assure you that without an insane amount of
hard work I would never have achieved these accomplishments. However my hardwork is only a part of the equation.
The dedication of those around me have made all this possible. Without their support and love this release would never have happened.
So today as I walk with my chest poked out and a grin so big I look like an idiot, It is not really because I want the world to
"see how awesome I am". It is because I am happy and proud that the world gets to "See what we've all done together as a community".
So after this release today, I will spread this music to the planet in the best way I know how. As I throw it far and wide know that
even if I can't take you all with me in the suitcase I no choice but to take you with me in spirit. You are part of me and you are part of this CD.
To all of you who have been part of this community since 1995 (and some before), no words can truly describe the debt I feel to
you and the appreciation a have for all your support. But I can very sincerely say I thank you with every fiber of my being.

(I want to elaborate on how much all of my amazing friends have meant to me, but I've got a party to put on, People..
Tonight at the Blue Gill will be one to remember. Come on with it)

No comments:

Post a Comment